Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chapter7 Blog Assignment

1. Does objectivity still exist in the media's coverage of politics?  Of the major news outlets (CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, NPR, NBC, etc.), which are the most objective and which seem to have the most bias?
I think as a whole news coverage is not objective. That being said I tend to give more abjectivity to those that allow guest speakers from both sides. I can not comment on which one is most objective , as to be honest I am unsure. that being said I know Fax to be very conservative as a whole and CNN very conservative. 

2. How does talk radio (Rush Limbaugh, Air America, etc.) affect your view of politics?  Why?
I can not give an opinion on this as I have NEVER listened to talk radio. Therefore I guess it has no affect on my view of politics.

3. Is media objectivity important?  Why or why not?
I am not sure media can ever truly be objective. The journalists are only human and EVERY human has an opinion on things in politics. I think it is important to showcase all ideals but I dont know we can ever achieve a truly objective media.

No comments:

Post a Comment